HIM450 Selecting a Clinic Site
Selecting a Clinic Site
By Day 1 of Week One, your instructor will assign each student an option, and this option will be used for at least one of the weekly assignments and the Final Project. Your healthcare organization has charged you as project manager for establishing a new clinic. Using real estate available in your area, identify three potential sites for your new assigned clinic. When deciding on a site to locate a clinic, four key considerations are: convenience, ease of access, connections to the community, and visibility. Using these factors and two additional factors of your choice, develop a model for selecting the ideal site for your clinic. Summarize why you selected the site. Include in your report a comparison of the three sites and include at a minimum:
- Site location/address
- URL for the site
- Square footage of the site
- Monthly rent
- Cost per square foot
- A minimum of six factors for selecting the site
- Recommendation and rationale for site.
Second Part of the assignment
Sunnyvale Clinic Visit Forecast and Start-Up Costs
In this assignment, you need to prepare the following information:
- Using the information for your assigned option, calculate the patient visits for the next three years and prepare a line chart (See embedded Final Project file). The line chart should include a chart title, the X and Y-axis title, and the projected patient visits forecasted.
- Assuming the renovation cost is $100 per square foot, estimate the construction cost for the new clinic site [$100 times the square footage]. Assume the renovation will take three months and you need to prepare the budget for the renovation, including the three months of rent. What is the cost of the renovation and three months of rent? Show all work.
- Using the Final Project Assumptions Template (available in the online classroom), estimate the start-up costs for the clinic. Start-up costs include the renovations, rent during renovation, and capital costs.