The Best Supply Chain in the World? Case Study
All submissions has to be done through Turnitin
Read the case and answer the discuss questions below in a FULL page single space
1. According to Interbrand’s analysis, Apple’s brand is valued at more than $170 billion, while Google in second place is valued at $120 billion and Coca-Cola in third is at $78 billion (2015). Do you agree that Apple should be so far ahead of its nearest brand competition? What about Samsung, which is larger in size (Samsung is valued at $45 billion)?
2. With Steve Jobs, Apple’s legendary founder and CEO, passing away in 2011, what can we expect from Apple in the future? Will they be as innovative? Will they maintain brand value leadership? Will they run the top global supply chains in the world?
3. Apple products have usually been priced above their competition and sold for their value, intrigue, and market leadership. Some would say Samsung is catching up on many of these fronts and even passing Apple perhaps. Do you think Apple can charge a price premium for their products much longer?
4. Apple’s global supply chains make their business thrive. There is secrecy among suppliers, superior quality standards by every party involved in Apple’s supply chains, and a total value focus that ultimately makes the customers happy. Is this a sustainable business model for their global supply chains?
- The write-up reflects a clear understanding of the case
- The write-up reflects critical thinking and the application of appropriate concepts/ideas from the course
- Each answer should be discussed in its own paragraph(s). The write-up has an appropriate length of at least several paragraphs.
- The write-up is well written, reflecting clarity of thought, as well as correct grammar, punctuation, and spelling
- The student appropriately cites any outside sources using APA format.