Role of the Nurse and Scope of Practice Essay
Prepare a two to three page written assignment that includes the following:
- Introduction to the assignment (sections of the assignment; roles of the nurse, scope of practice, compare and contrast scope of practice)
- Describe the roles of the nurse for the program you are currently enrolled
- Identify the scope of practice for the nurse in the state where you intend to practice
- Using the Nurse Practice Act for the state where you intend to practice, compare and contrast the scope of practice for the LPN and RN
- Conclusion (reflect on the assignment including how you will use the scope of practice to support your role)
- Use at least two credible resources to support your findings. For example, one of the resources could be the State Board of Nursing website, and another resource could be a textbook. These resources must be integrated into the body of your paper using at least two in-text citations. Be sure to use proper APA format and style.
- Standard American English (correct grammar, punctuation, etc.)
- Logical, original and insightful
- Professional organization, style, and mechanics in APA format and style
- Run your paper through Grammarly and make corrections to identified errors before submission. Note: You must use the following link to create your Grammarly account. You must use your Rasmussen student email address: https://www.grammarly.com/signin?page=edu
The document linked below contains the grading rubric for the Module 4 Course Project, Part I as well as helpful resources.
Course Project Part 1 Assignment
Submit your completed assignment by following the directions linked below. Please check the Course Calendar for specific due dates.
Save your assignment as a Microsoft Word document. (Mac users, please remember to append the “.docx” extension to the filename.) The name of the file should be your first initial and last name, followed by an underscore and the name of the assignment, and an underscore and the date. An example is shown below: