Post Traumatic Growth Essay
In this Post, you work to seek meaning from the trauma your clients experience and the subsequent healing you help your clients achieve in your social work practice.
- Read about trauma-informed social work, and read this article listed in the Learning Resources: Vis, J.-A., & Boynton, H. M. (2008). Spirituality and transcendent meaning making: possibilities for enhancing posttraumatic growth. Journal of Religion & Spirituality in Social Work, 27(1/2): 69–86.
Post: use subtit
- In 1 sentence, identify an existential question with which you have grappled in relation to a client who has been traumatized.
- Reflect on your fieldwork, or perhaps identify an existential question that might arise in working with the client in the case study you have selected throughout the course.
- In 3 to 4 brief sentences, describe where there is potential for growth for the client as a result of the trauma.
- In 3 to 4 brief sentences, explain where there is potential for growth for you, the social worker, as a result of listening to the client’s stories and bearing witness to their trauma.
- Describe any challenges you may experience between the meaning you hold based on your personal beliefs and working within the client’s potentially different belief framework.
Be sure to support your postings and responses with specific references to the week’s resources.