Initial Learner Self Review and Soft Submission
In earlier assignments in this course, learners completed and submitted individual components of the DPI Project Proposal and received and incorporated feedback from their DPI Project Committee. At this point in the course, learners should have a working draft of the DPI Project Proposal (Chapters 1-3 and Appendix A).
For this assignment, learners will submit the working draft soft submission in preparation for the submission of Benchmark – DPI Project Proposal: Draft Proposal (Chapters 1-3 and Appendix A) in Topic 8. For the soft submission, students will combine the chapters and reference lists, add the 10 Strategic Points as Appendix A, and remove all criterion tables. The document will be submitted as one unit.
After the chapters are combined and the document is formatted in accordance with the “DPI Proposal Template,” the learner will complete a self-review of work-to-date.
Use the following information to ensure successful completion of the assignment:
- Locate the “Form and Format Reviewer Checklist” in the PI Workspace area of the DC Network.
- Locate your DPI Project Proposal Chapter 1 – Introduction assignment with DPI Committee feedback.
- Locate your DPI Project Proposal Chapter 2 – Literature Review assignment with DPI Committee feedback.
- Locate your DPI Project Proposal Chapter 3 – Methodology assignment with DPI Committee feedback.
- Locate the “DPI Proposal Template” in the PI Workspace area of the DC Network, for use in completing the topic assignment.
- Doctoral learners are required to use APA style for their writing assignments. The APA Style Guide is located in the Student Success Center.
- You are required to submit this assignment to Turnitin. Please refer to the directions in the Student Success Center.
- Complete the “Form and Format Reviewer Checklist” according to the directions provided.
- Integrate the four individual DPI Project Proposal assignments into one document using the “DPI Proposal Template.”
- Submit the completed documents to your DPI chairperson.
Continue working on the content for Chapters 1-3 in preparation for submission in Topic 8.
Portfolio Practice Hours:
Practice immersion assignments are based on your current course objectives, and are intended to be application-based learning using your real-world practice setting. These assignments earn practice immersion hours, and are indicated in the assignment by a Portfolio Practice Hours statement that reminds you, the learner, to enter in a corresponding case log in Typhon. Actual clock hours are entered, but the average hours associated with each practice immersion assignment is 10.
You are required to complete your assignment using real-world application. Real-world application requires the use of evidence-based data, contemporary theories, and concepts presented in the course. The culmination of your assignment must present a viable application in a current practice setting. For more information on parameters for practice immersion hours, please refer to DNP resources in the DC Network.