Global Telemonitoring Blood Pressure Presentation
The purpose of this Assignment is to enable you to present the information that you gather from a systematic review on your PICOT topic. This activity will give you the experience to present what your research findings to others.
- Define the clinical key questions based on PICOT.
- Briefly review the database selected for key clinical questions.
- Identify the studies of the database search that are a Level I or II evidence.
- Interpret the statistical results of the studies identified in Step 3.
- Design a presentation.
- Place results /overview of research in PowerPoint.
- Length of the presentation should be 12–15 slides.
- Follow APA format.
Define the clinical key questions based on PICOT. What is your PICOT question? Clearly outline. If you have revised, say so.
Briefly review the database(s) selected for key clinical questions. Which database(s) did you use to find evidence for your question? Why was this database most helpful?
Identify the studies of the database search that are a Level I or II evidence. What Level I & II evidence did you find to support or negate your question. If you have not found Level I or II evidence, be sure to outline how you searched the databases.
Interpret the statistical results of the studies identified in Step 3. In these studies, or reviews describe the study briefly, include type of study, number of subject and statistical analysis provided by the author(s). Use your own words to discuss findings. Do not copy and paste data from article.
Design a presentation. Follow guidelines for PowerPoint Presentations (font size, number of words, etc.). First slide is title slide, last slide(s) reference page. Have fun, be creative but professional.
Place results /overview of research in PowerPoint.
Length of the presentation should be 12–15 slides.
Follow APA format.
Be sure to review the how to create PowerPoint presentations. The link is in this week’s reading section.
Resource for creating PowerPoint presentation- In academic support center. Creating effective PowerPoint presentation. Retrieved from https://campus.purdueglobal.edu/MyStudies/AcademicSupportCenter/WritingCenter/WritingReferenceLibrary/WritingTypesAndTools/CreatingEffectivePowerpointPresentations.aspx
You will select a topic — Topic selected PICOT Question below- use this PICOT question, reword it if needed
In Patients with hypertension (P) what is the effect of using Telemonitoring blood pressure (I) compared to usual care (C) dose it improves blood pressure control (O) within the first few months of starting medication (T)
Evidence-Based Practice in Nursing and Healthcare
- “Clinically Appraising Knowledge for Clinical Decision Making”
- “Clinically Appraising Quantitative Evidence for Clinical Decision Making”
- “Clinically Appraising Qualitative Evidence for Clinical Decision Making”
- LINK TO BOOK: https://books.google.com/books?id=7tdLDgAAQBAJ&printsec=frontcover&dq=Philosophies+And+Theories+For+Advanced+Nursing+Practice+3RD+18&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwj3pviH9ebhAhXCxFkKHZC1CqYQ6AEILzAB#v=onepage&q=Philosophies%20And%20Theories%20For%20Advanced%20Nursing%20Practice%203RD%2018&f=false
Grading Rubric for this Assignment is attached please make sure the assignment follows the rubric and everything asked in the rubric is included in the power point
Before finalizing your work, you should:
- be sure to read the Assignment description carefully (as displayed above);
- consult the Grading Rubric (under the Course Resources) to make sure you have included everything necessary; and
- utilize spelling and grammar check to minimize errors.
Your writing Assignment should:
- follow the conventions of Standard English (correct grammar, punctuation, etc.);
- be well ordered, logical, and unified, as well as original and insightful;
- display superior content, organization, style, and mechanics; and
- use APA 6th Edition format.
Here are resources for setting up your paper in APA formatting.
University of South Dakota (2014, April 27). How to use the features in Word to set up paper in APA format [YouTube Video]. Retrieved from https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o4L3WaqBttk
Here is a source for learning more about the Cochrane database.
Cochrane Library. (n.d.) How to use the Cochrane Library. Retrieved fromhttp://www.cochranelibrary.com.libauth.purdueglobal.edu/help/how-to-use-cochrane-library.html
PLEASE FOLLOW RUBRIC. NO PLAGIARISM, ASSIGNMENT MUST MEET POST REQUIREMENT AS WELL AS RUBRIC IN ORDER TO BE ACCEPTED. WILL CHECK FOR PLAGIARISM AND WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED IF PLAGIARISM IS DETECTED