Advance Pharmacology Worksheet
Identify the correct clinical application(s) for each question below using the following pharmacokinetic terms: “absorption,” “distribution,” “metabolism,” “excretion,” “half-life,” “steady-state.”
Answer the following questions in a minimum of 175 words:
- Why is a Z pack of 5 days an adequate treatment for pneumonia?
- Why does a patient starting on levothyroxine need to wait 4-6 weeks before repeating labs to check for therapeutic response to the drug?
- What are the implications for a patient on Tegretol who is given a drug that is a CYP-450 inducer?
- What are the implications for a patient on Coumadin who is given a drug that is a CYP-450 inhibitor?
- Does a drug’s route of administration matter?
- What are the implications for an 80-year-old individual with stage 4 chronic renal failure who needs to be prescribed an antibiotic for his pneumonia?
- Which pharmacokinetic property is the least familiar to you?