Positive and Negative Effects of Using the Cash
A Plan for the Restructuring of the Department of Homeland Security: The Need to Improve DHS’s Effectiveness
Your final Assignment in this course is an 18–20 page term paper addressing the restructuring of the Department of Homeland Security.
If you were advising the President of the United States (POTUS), what recommendations would you make to POTUS in order to better integrate the different intelligence and homeland security agencies with the goal of creating more useful “actionable” information? Use the following critical functional areas as a basis to start your recommendations:
- Fusion of actionable intelligence information (connecting the dots)
- Prevention and deterrence of attacks
- Protection and hardening of targets
- Response and recovery attacks/disasters
- Improved cost efficiencies within DHS
Be sure to show how you would apply those recommendations and support that application with an analysis and critical evaluation of both the current and future versions of the DHS. Provide examples when applicable.
This 18–20 page paper (the page count does not include citations and exhibits), should be written using APA format and include at least 20 sources beyond the textbook. You should try to incorporate major portions of the “mile-stone” Assignments that you drafted in earlier units.
Key sections of your Term Paper should be:
- Introduction and historical overview of the creation of DHS
- A literature review of critical organizational structure issues of DHS
- Your proposals
Please underline your thesis statement. Your thesis statement should be one, and only one, sentence that is embedded within your abstract section