Students Education Type Of Testing
Discussion – 8
Is This on the Test?
- Students these days are subjected to a wide variety of tests throughout their K12 school career. Research the types of tests a student has to take for a specific grade level and when those tests are administered in your school district. (i.e. All high school seniors have to pass a state exam for basic literacy in order to graduate.)
- Post your findings to the discussion board. Note the type of test (criterion-referenced, norm-referenced, etc.), the testing instrument, and the type of data collected from each test. Also note if it is a national test like the PARCC, a state-wide test (NY Regents Exam) or a local/school specific test.
- State how the school district uses the results of the testing. (i.e. Apply for school funding, criteria for graduation, teacher/school assessment, etc.)
- Given what you have learned so far about educational testing and evaluation methods, do you think that the students in your school district are given enough testing, not enough, or too much testing?
- Do you think that the tests that the students are given accurately reflect their skills and abilities?
- Why or why not? Provide at least one reference from either your textbook or from a quality source that you have researched on your own.
Discussion – 9
- Using the list on page 267 in your textbook under Conventions of Format, write a 1-2 sentience summary for each item in the methodology section. Most of you will not have completed your data collection or analysis so write one or two sentences on how you intend to carry out this section.
- Research Design
- Data Collection Procedures
- Data Analysis Procedures
- Limitations and Delimitations