Digital Tools for Communicating With Stakeholders Paper
GRADING RUBRIC MUST BE FOLLOWED
For this assessment you will use a challenge presented in a media simulation that shows how the Riverbend Middle School dealt with the issue of improving communications with students, staff, and parents.
View the following Riverbend City simulation, set in the Riverbend Middle school. It is the basis for this assessment.
- TRANSCRIPT HAS BEEN ATTACHED
After viewing the simulation, complete and submit the following components as a report to your committee:
- Articulate the strengths and weaknesses of digital tools for communication with stakeholders. Briefly annotate the characteristics of at least one digital tool for each of the following six communication channels. (Walk through the different digital tools available to communicate with stakeholders; what are the strengths and weaknesses of each tool?)
- District and school Web site.
- Mobile app (Remind, ClassDojo).
- Notifications and alerts (Parent Alert by RenWeb, SMS).
- Social media (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest).
- Video (YouTube, Ustream).
- Describe the process for choosing digital tools for communication with stakeholders, supported by research and best practices. Describe the tools you chose and the process you used. How are your decisions supported by research and best practices?
- ?Create a table of your decisions on what channels and digital tools are most appropriate to communicate the following types of information to intended stakeholders:
- Emergency alerts.
- Public relations.
- Event promotion.
- PTO information.
- Apply digital tools to communicate with students, parents, community, and school staff. Create four different communications using a digital tool for each of the four audiences. Then, answer the following questions about each type of communication you used. In addition to your answers, also include the actual communications you created or links to those communications.
- What tools did you practice?
- Who was the audience (students, parents, community, or school staff)?
- What was the type of information that you communicated with each of the stakeholders?
- What research and best practices did you use to support your decision?