Advanced Accounting Discussion paper
Learning Outcomes for this Module Reminder:
- Analyze complex business structures, business expansion, and other forms of organizational structure.
- Illustrate the accounting related to business combinations including goodwill recording and impairment testing.
- Evaluate when and how to apply the equity method of accounting.
- Review other various methods of reporting intercorporate investments and consolidation of wholly-owned subsidiaries with no differential.
In addition to the assignment in Connect, please answer the following questions and submit your answers in a Word document:
W ith regards to your assignment performed in Connect, and what you read and learned about in this module, answer the following questions.
You should refer to the FASB Accounting Standards Codification (FASB ASC), specifically, when answering some of the questions below:
- What is a leveraged buyout (LBO)? How does an LBO compare to a management buyout (MBO)?
- What authoritative pronouncements from the ASC, if any, deal with LBOs?
- Is a LBO a type of business combination? Explain.
- What is the major issue in determining the proper basis for an interest in a company purchased through an LBO?