Interview somebody that has or had a career in the retail field. You can meet them in person or if time does not permit email them. Ask at least four of the questions below:
- What is an average day like in your position?
- What are some of your primary functions?
- What are the benefits and drawbacks to working in retail?
- What is your role in the supply chain?
- How long have you been working in retail? Have you experienced/witnessed any major changes in retail during your career?
- What career opportunities in retail do you you see for someone with a business degree or a retail management certificate like WAFC?
- What advice do you have for someone who wants to be a manager?
Your task is to write a three-paragraph discussion post describing the answers from your interview. In addition to the interview, you are encouraged to do follow up research on any of the topics your interviewee brought up using reliable and properly cited Internet resources.