Models of Critical Thinking Reflection Paper
1. Applies information literacy skills to locate sources addressing critical thinking models or frameworks; the sources reflect key aspects of source quality such as recency, respected authorship or publication source, and relevancy. 2. Describes the steps in a reflection model used to guide thinking, providing examples to Illustrate each of the steps. 3. Reflects on progress toward mastery of competencies and self-set goals using a reflection model or framework and specifies next steps for achieving unmet goals or adjusting the goals. 4. Writes clearly and logically, with correct use of grammar, usage, and mechanics throughout. 5. Applies APA style to citations and references with no errors in formatting. Running head: COURSE REFLECTION 1 Course Reflection Your Name COURSE REFLECTION 2 Course Reflection Replace this paragraph with a short introduction to your paper. Note that in APA format, this portion of the paper does not have a heading; it is assumed that the beginning of your paper is an introduction. The paper simply starts with the title of your paper, centered, sentence case, not bolded. The headings already in the template are Level 1 headings that are set up to follow the Scoring Guide and the assessment instructions in order to help you match up your paper with the criteria for the assessment. Feel free to insert additional headings as needed to help you organize the information in your paper. Remember that if you are inserting headings as additional structure within a Level 1 section, the additional headings would be Level 2. The resources for this assessment contain a link to additional information about APA format and headings. Do not change the overall formatting of the document, since the options are already set to APA format standards. Do not insert extra page breaks; just let the pages break naturally as you enter your information. In the sections that follow, replace the instructions with your text. Be sure to apply basic APA format standards to the text. Two Models of Critical Thinking In this section of your paper, identify and briefly describe at least two critical thinking models and support your descriptions with sources from the literature. These models should be different from the model you choose in the next section of the paper. Critical Thinking Model for Course Reflection In this section, describe the reflection model you are using to reflect on your learning in this course. Explain the steps involved in the model and how you used those steps to guide your thinking process. Progress toward Course Competencies COURSE REFLECTION In this section of your paper, evaluate your progress on mastery of each of the course competencies. Inclusive Learning Environments Incorporate Multicultural Perspectives Apply Information Literacy Skills Reflect on Personal and Professional Dispositions Communicate with Colleagues and Stakeholders 3 COURSE REFLECTION 4 References Replace these instructions and examples with your own information in APA format. The general format of the reference list entry is standard APA format. The examples below assume the most general form. Depending on the type of sources you have chosen, your reference list entries may be slightly different. Alphabetize your reference list by author last name. Author (date). Article title. Academic Journal Name, volume(issue), beginning page-ending page. Author (date). Article title. Academic Journal Name, volume(issue), beginning page-ending page.
Purchase answer to see full attachment
GRADING RUBRIC MUST BE FOLLOWED
Develop a 4–5-page reflection paper (not counting title page and references) that addresses the following:
- Identify and briefly describe at least two critical thinking models and support your descriptions with sources from the literature. These models should be different from the model you choose in the next section of the paper.
- Describe the reflection model you are using to reflect on your learning in this course. Explain the steps involved in the model and how you used those steps to guide your thinking process. One such model that many find useful is Brookfield’s (2015) model of “Four Lenses.” You may choose to use this model as the basis for your reflection paper, but you are not required to do so. A citation for the article is in the Resources for this assessment
- Evaluate your progress on mastery of the course competencies:
- Create inclusive learning environments that demonstrate respect and value of diverse backgrounds.
- Incorporate multicultural perspectives into curriculum, instruction, and assessment.
- Apply information literacy skills to locate scholarly data, theories, and research.
- Reflect on personal and professional dispositions to identify areas of focus for learning and growth.
- Communicate with colleagues and stakeholders in a manner that is scholarly, professional, appropriate to purpose, and culturally responsive.
On the self-assessment earlier in this course, you set some goals for your learning and you created some action steps to help you meet those goals. Reflect on your progress toward the goals that you set for yourself.
GOALS THAT WERE USED:
Goal Statement #1:
By 5/5/19, I will review more scholastic and peer to peer articles about improving cultural issues with curriculum and assessment for in classroom learners to enhance the learners experience during training sessions.
Goal Statement #2.
By 5/5/19, I will begin to review scholastic and outside materials regarding student inclusiveness and ways to enhance inclusion in the classroom to avoid any current or potential student from being disengaged or feeling excluded in a classroom setting.
Goal Statement #3.
By 5/5/19, I will begin searching for and reviewing alternative and updated methods for instruction of curriculum for recommendations to outside vendors based off of the analyzing and interpreting of training class metrics at the end of each session.