University of West Florida Human Trafficking Discussion
Written APA paper worth 50 points. Include headings if indicated. No long quotations. Please see APA.
Required 4-6 pages not including title page and reference page.
Address the following questions:
- Define “Human Trafficking”.
- What are the laws of your state in regards to healthcare provider education and reporting of human trafficking?
- What is the Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) in the facility where you work when suspected victims are seen? If your facility does not have anything in place what do you think would be an appropriate intervention and who would you approach in your facility to initiate such a policy?
- Does your facility have an educational program for the identification and screening of human trafficking victims? If so describe, and if not what do you think would be an appropriate intervention and who would you approach in your facility to initiate such a policy?
- Upon reflection of your own clinical experience do you think (or know) you may have come in contact with a victim of human trafficking? Describe the situation (ensuring patient confidentiality) in regards to presenting symptoms, others present with the patient, suspected behaviors, healthcare provider responses, and actions. If you do not have experience with a potential/actual victim what signs would you look for that may indicate your patient is a potential victim of human trafficking?