Healthcare Reform and 21st Century, Healthcare Information Systems
Prepare a well-written paper that addresses all of the following topics and requirements:
- Analyze and evaluate the implications of 5-7 major initiatives associated with healthcare reform on the designing and planning of 21st century healthcare information systems.
- Evaluate the challenges associated with each trend and ways to overcome them.
- Include an assessment of the impact that each initiative may have on the following:
- Leadership, governance, and the role of a healthcare CIO
- Strategic HMIS planning and organizational culture
- Characteristics and capabilities of an enterprise resource planning system
- Review legislation and regulations that could influence the implementation of health information management systems.
- Explain how CIOs might assess the merits of each initiative based on vision, mission, and strategy.
- Predict the global trends in the adoption of major standards and the use of HMIS over the next five years.
Your paper should meet the following requirements:
- Be 8-11 pages in length, not including the title and reference pages
- Cite 6 or more references. (Remember, you must support your thinking/opinions and prior knowledge with references; all facts must be supported; use in-text citations throughout the assignment and include them in an APA-formatted reference list.)
- Adhere to the guidelines of the grading rubric
- Be formatted according to the CSU-Global Guide to Writing and APA Requirements
Reach out to your instructor if you have questions about this assignment.