Strengths and Weaknesses in a Self‐Reflection Essay
In this reflective writing exercise, you will analyze your strengths and challenges in the context of incorporating change, using critical thinking and reasoning skills.
Read: Kotter’s Eight Step Change Model
In summary, the eight steps are:
- Create a Sense of Urgency
- Build a Guiding Coalition
- Form a Strategic Vision and Initiatives
- Enlist a Volunteer Army
- Enable Action by Removing Barriers
- Generate Short‐Term Wins
- Sustain Acceleration
Using Kotter’s change model and any additional concepts learned through the readings and lecture pages, write a self‐reflection essay that answers the following:
- Reflect on the concept of a scholar‐practitioner and its application to integrate practices to effect change in your organization.
- What do urgency, change, management, and complexity mean to you?
- Describe the role you play as a change agent.
- Select a situation where you were an employee or leader, and explain how change has affected your behavior and motivation to adapt to or improve operational efficiencies.
- In this self‐reflective assignment, you need to back up your ideas and claims with scholarly sources. Please cite at least two scholarly sources that are not required readings in the course.
- Keep in mind that critical reasoning and thinking skills are not the same as an opinion. While it is acceptable to write in first‐person, be sure to support your ideas with valid, reputable, and scholarly articles
- Feel free to use 1‐4, above, as sections of your essay.
- Your paper should be 4‐5 pages in length, well written, and formatted