<![CDATA[The aim of this assignment is to demonstrate your knowledge and understanding of community health nursing concepts and principles, specifically community profile and needs assessment, as well as community engagement. You will also demonstrate your ability to collect and analyse community-level data and plan a community needs assessment.
This written assignment will address learning outcomes 1, 2 and 3.
There are two parts to this task.
For Part A you are to create and populate a table with ABS census data and present data for your community, Queensland and Australia using 2016 census data from the Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS).
For Part B you are to write a 1500 word essay in which you will describe the process of community assessment and explain your assessment of the community of choice.]]>
<![CDATA[For your final presentation (Key Assignment) you will revise your Unit 4 Individual Project assignment presentation of 8-10 slides (not including title or reference slides) and add at least 3 additional slides (total of 11-13 content slides) with information on:
- When rating health care around the world, show how the health care rankings for each country can be used to justify the need for health care reform in these countries.
- Choose 2 low-income countries that you feel will benefit from health care reform, and explain why you feel this way.
Be sure to have 150-200 word speaker notes for each content slide. Remember to revise your Unit 4 presentation material using the suggestions from your classmates’ reviews of your Key Assignment Outline and the gradebook feedback from your instructor.]]>
<![CDATA[ Discussion: Special Topics in Child and Adolescent Psychiatry
Many children face special issues that impact everyday life, whether it is within themselves, their families, or their environment. Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner (PMHNP) must be sensitive to these many issues that children and adolescents are faced with during important developmental years.
In this Discussion, you select a special population and analyze the psychological issues that the population faces. You also address the assessment and treatment needs of the population.
To Prepare for the Discussion:
· Review the Learning Resources.
· Select one of the following topics for the Discussion:
o Foster care
o Gender dysphoria
o Forensic issues
o Impact of terrorism on children
· Write your selected disorder in the subject line of your Discussion post.
· Explain the psychological issues that may result from your topic.
· Describe the most effective assessment measure that could be used, and explain
why you selected this.
· Explain the treatment options available for children and adolescents involved
with your selected disorder.
· Explain how culture may influence treatment.
Sadock, B. J., Sadock, V. A., & Ruiz, P. (2014). Kaplan & Sadock’s synopsis of psychiatry: Behavioral sciences/clinical psychiatry (11th ed.). Philadelphia, PA: Wolters Kluwer.
- Chapter 31, “Child Psychiatry” (pp. 1279–1323)
American Psychiatric Association. (2013). Diagnostic and statistical manual of mental disorders (5th ed.). Washington, DC: Author.
- “Somatic Symptom and Related Disorders”
- “Other Conditions That May Be a Focus of Clinical Attention”
- “Assessment Measures”
- “Cultural Formulation”
American Academy of Child & Adolescent Psychiatry (AACAP). (2011). Practice parameter for child and adolescent forensic evaluations. Journal of the American Academy of Child & Adolescent Psychiatry, 50(12), 1299-1312. Retrieved from http://www.jaacap.com/article/S0890-8567(11)00883-5/pdf
American Academy of Child & Adolescent Psychiatry (AACAP). (2012c). Practice parameter on gay, lesbian, or bisexual sexual orientation, gender nonconformity, and gender discordance in children and adolescents. Journal of the American Academy of Child & Adolescent Psychiatry, 51(9), 957–974. Retrieved from http://www.jaacap.com/article/S0890-8567(12)00500-X/pdf
Lee, T., Fouras, G., & Brown, R. (2015). Practice parameter for the assessment and management of youth involved with the child welfare system. Journal of the American Academy of Child & Adolescent Psychiatry, 54(6), 502–517. Retrieved from http://www.jaacap.com/article/S0890-8567(15)00148-3/pdf
Human Rights Campaign. (n.d.). Growing up LGBT in America. Retrieved June 8, 2017, from http://assets.hrc.org//files/assets/resources/Growing-Up-LGBT-in-America_Report.pdf?_ga=1.83582870.1279387255.1493224749
Thapar, A., Pine, D. S., Leckman, J. F., Scott, S., Snowling, M. J., & Taylor, E. A. (2015). Rutter’s child and adolescent psychiatry (6th ed.). Hoboken, NJ: Wiley Blackwell.
- Chapter 19, “Legal Issues in the Care and Treatment of Children With Mental Health Disorders” (pp. 239–249)
- Chapter 49, “Forensic Psychology” (pp. 636–647)
- Review the evaluation tools presented in the Learning Resources and how the tools can be used to promote sustainability.
- Select a measurement mechanism that can be used to evaluate your quality improvement initiative. You may wish to conduct additional research on the use of measurement mechanisms to sustain outcomes of improvement initiatives.
- Consider the influence of leadership and improvement teams in sustaining improvement efforts. Ask yourself: What specific strategies can leaders and my improvement team use to sustain our improvement initiative?
By tomorrow Wednesday February 7, 2018 by 12 noon, post a minimum of 550 words essay in APA format with at least 2 references from the list below. Include the levels one headings as numbered below:
post a cohesive scholarly response that addresses the following:
1) Evaluate the influence of leadership and improvement teams in sustaining improvement efforts.
2) Present a succinct analysis of three or more strategies leaders and teams can use in your response.
Richardson, A., & Storr, J. (2010). Patient safety: A literative review on the impact of nursing empowerment, leadership and collaboration [corrected] [published erratum appears in INT NURS REV 2010 Mar;57(1):158]. International Nursing Review, 57(1), 12–21. doi:10.1111/j.1466-7657.2009.00757.x
This article analyzes how nurses can improve patient safety. It identifies certain knowledge gaps that inhibit nurses’ ability to improve patient safety that must be addressed before they can effectively make contributions.
Bigelow, L., Wolkowski, C., Baskin, L., & Gorko, M. (2010). Lean Six Sigma: Sustaining the gains in a hospital laboratory. Clinical Leadership & Management Review, 24(3), 1–14.
In this article, a health care organization uses Lean Six Sigma to improve performance, but it does not initially achieve the desired results. It then utilizes an Operational Performance Improvement office from within the organization to receive better training in Lean Six Sigma and it is finally able to improve performance.
Murphree, P., Vath, R. R., & Daigle, L. (2011). Sustaining Lean Six Sigma projects in health care. Physician Executive, 37(1), 44–48.
The authors of this article consider ways to keep Lean Six Sigma projects operating instead of closing them. They distinguish between closing and controlling, the latter being the last phase in Lean Six Sigma. According to the authors, many organizations close Lean Six Sigma projects when they should be controlling them.
Laureate Education, Inc. (Executive Producer). (2011). Organizational and systems leadership for quality improvement: Organizational change. Baltimore: Author.
Note: The approximate length of this media piece is 10 minutes.
This video examines factors that enhance and impede organizational change. Dr. Wooden and Dr. Freshman discuss change models that can be used to manage the change process and to assist individuals through the transition period
To place your order, you need to fill in the order form form with all the requisite details. Once you submit your requirements, we assign a professional essay writer who owes expertise in your subject area to start working on your request and deliver your assignment on time.