In a 6- to 7-page paper in APA format describe your personal approach to professional nursing practice. Be sure to address the following:
- Which philosophy/conceptual framework/theory/middle-range theory describes nursing in the way you think about it?
- Discuss how you could utilize the philosophy/conceptual framework/theory/middle-range theory to organize your thoughts for critical thinking and decision making in nursing practice.
- Formulate and discuss your personal definition of nursing, person, health, and environment.
- Discuss a minimum of two beliefs and/or values about nursing that guide your own practice.
- Analyze your communication style using one of the tools presented in the course. In your paper, discuss the strengths and weaknesses associated with your style of communication and the impact on your ability to collaborate as part of an interdisciplinary team.
- On a separate references page, cite all sources using APA format. APA format
Peplau was the first nursing theorist to identify the nurse–patient relationship as being central to all nursing care. Peplau valued knowledge, believing that the nurse must possess extensive knowledge about the potential problems that emerge during a nurse–patient interaction. Peplau’s theoretical work on the nurse–patient relationship continues to be essential to nursing practice.
- Describe the phases of the Nurse-Patient relationship as defined by Peplau. Align your presentation regarding the use of Peplau’s theory with a current practice example.
Provide a discussion of Orem’s Self-Care Deficit Theory. Identify and explain the three related parts? Identify a current nursing practice example where Orem’s theory would be relevant. Use at least one evidenced-based research article to support your practice example. The PowerPoint should include at least 3 outside references and the textbook. It should include title and reference slides and be 14-20 slides.