QUESTIONAPR 22, 2017
FOR SURAYA ONLY
APA format 2 and half pages with 3 references and I will supply the 1 reference from the walden library to be used with discussion. Here is the article
Kempfert, A. E., & Reed, B. D. (2011). Health care reform in the United States: HITECH Act and HIPAA privacy, security, and enforcement Issues. FDCC Quarterly, 61(3), 240–273.
Retrieved from the Walden Library databases.
In order for organizations to receive the incentives offered through the HITECH legislation, they must be able to demonstrate that they are using the technology in meaningful ways. The following criteria for meaningful use must be evident to qualify for EHR incentives (U.S. Department of Health & Human Services, 2012). The technology must:
- Improve quality, safety, and efficiency, and reduce health disparities
- Engage patients and families
- Improve care coordination
- Improve population and public health
- Ensure adequate privacy and security protections for personal health information
For this Discussion you consider the impact of the meaningful use criteria of the HITECH legislation on the adoption of health information technology.
- Review the Learning Resources on the HITECH legislation and its primary goals.
- Reflect on the positive and negative impact this legislation has had on your organization or one with which you are familiar.
- Consider the incentives to encourage the use of EHRs. Focus on the definition of meaningful use and how it is measured.
- Reflect on how the incentives and meaningful use impact the quality of patient care.
- Find an article in the Walden Library dealing with one of the criteria to qualify for meaningful use and how it has been successfully met.
By Day 3
Post a description of how HITECH legislation has positively or negatively impacted your organization. Address how its related incentives influence the adoption of health information technology in health care and impact the quality of patient care. Provide a summary of the article you identified and explain how it demonstrates the ability of health information technology to meet the requirements of meaningful use.
Read a selection of your colleagues’ responses.